We're Healing and Thriving!

"Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives."

What a powerful quote that is. Healing is 80% mindset and 20% physical, in normal circumstances. However, when you find yourself "in the thick of it", you understand just how important mindset is.

For me, this journey with COVID and my family, I wrote about it HERE, taught me a bit more than what I    already knew. It taught me that several of my friends had experienced COVID personally or with a loved one but some were hesitant to share their experiences in the open. But I was grateful for the phone calls and texts I received sharing that with me. ( I won't tell 🤫)

However, that brings me to this: Why can't we normalize being human again? We have all become so accustomed to putting on these facades that we forget, its okay to not look "perfect" all the time. I mean after all, we're all descendants of Adam and Eve so we know perfection does not exist. Nevertheless, I digress. 

Back to healing (even though I view being honest and transparent as healing). I have to say that all the young folks in the house are up and moving again. Myself and Ed are up and moving but we still have lingering coughs and stuffiness as well as an overwhelming feelings of fatigue. I'm usually an early riser, but I find myself getting up around 8 AM unless I have to conduct Webinars or meet with my students. I am told fatigue and exhaustion is a normal symptom of COVID.

We appreciate all the well wishes, the kind words, encouragement, and PRAYERS!
This past week, we have been blessed with a $50.00 UberEats gift card from my colleague Tamara, a beautiful Harry & David Cheese and meat box from WestEd, another Harry & David fruit box from our aunt Diane and Uncle Ronald. My mother-in-law had InstaCart deliver orange juice, water, fruit, supplements, vitamins, etc! None of those things were expected, but we are eternally grateful for the love and kindness that has been extended to us.

A fellow professor I teach with at the college, had this to say to me when she learned of our battle with COVID: "If YOU got COVID, I'm really scared! You don't go anywhere or do anything. If you can get it, anyone can get it. I'm increasing my vitamins and going to really stay home more; I'm not sure I want to pick-up food anymore!"

Of course she was making a light joke about not getting food, but seriously... She is not alone in her thoughts. I was thinking the same thing; if I've been so careful and I still got sick, there is reason for concern. It's truly scary. This virus is not to be taken lightly; if you've never experienced having it, your attitude can be very nonchalant. But if you've had it or you've seen it up and close and personal, your views are different (for an average person).

I'm just glad that Jehovah was watching over us all because we could have had worse symptoms. I'm grateful that we are all on the road to recovery and we are healing every single day. We have all been cleared by our physicians to return to work/come out of isolation. I left the house today with my N95 mask and a cloth mask to go on top of the N95. I went to my storage facility to get supplies for work. It felt good to be outdoors (besides the walks Haley and I take) but I was giving every person without a mask on, the side eye. LOL. I honestly was...

Thanks for stopping by and reading my thoughts! Come back anytime.

Comments

Popular Posts