2000 Was a Good Year!

2000: A Four-Part Series

Part 2:

It was 2000, it was a new millennium and I was expecting my third child; the first child with my husband. My daughter Jaedyn was born.

                                                               Jaedyn at about 6 weeks old

By now, I have settled into becoming a mother as Jaedyn is the third of my four children. However, I was new at being married and having this new role as wife and mother would prove to be an adventurous ride!


When I was pregnant with Jaedyn, I remember being so bossy (not that that's unusual) but I was unusually bossy; my entire pregnancy. Little did I know, the extra bossiness was coming from within; in my womb was a bossy little Pisces waiting to be born. Some may be shocked to read that Jaedyn is bossy but she's very bossy, especially to her mommy!

We have a running joke that Jaedyn came out of the womb upset. At an early age, she already had so much personality and she was VERY particular about who she spent her time with. You could not just take Jaedyn from my arms and expect to be greeted with a smile. She would quickly let you know by crying immediately so you'd have no choice but to give her back. As she grew into a toddler, she mastered the art of pulling away or snatching her arm from you. This was odd for me as my first two children were total opposites of Jaedyn. However, I quickly learned that her attachment to me would become an unbreakable bond between us; our relationship is very unique, and one I cherish and appreciate. Jaedyn is crazy(inside family joke) but she's even more crazy about her mother.



Jaedyn is in the middle. Here she is about 6 years old

Jaedyn would grow up to become an excellent basketball player; she showed an interest at 8 years of age and played travel ball as well as for her school teams. She played basketball until her Junior year and out of nowhere, she said she did not want to play anymore. I'm not a parent who forces my children to do anything (but be the best versions of themselves) so when she said she was done, she was done. I was not happy, but it was her choice. 
My baby JJ

What also makes my baby unique is her ability to be true to herself. Jaedyn is definitely an introvert (like her eldest sister) and chooses wisely who she spends time with. If Jaedyn smiles and talks with you, she really likes you; she's very particular with who she opens up to. When Jaedyn was about 15, she shared with me that she liked girls; she shared that she liked girls more than boys. While it makes me no difference who my children choose to love, as a mother I am always concerned about their well being. The world can be such a cruel place, full of hypocritical folks and that was my biggest fear for her, but true to life, I am always here to "ride" with my children no matter what. It was, and still is a challenge for Jaedyn, but she knows that she has her mother to support her 100% even if I have to remind folks who's child they're dealing with (family too).

Jaedyn and her girlfriend Evelyn; Prom 2018. They're still dating today

Jaedyn, Ev, and Haley (my baby) at Magic Mountain

Something really major happened a few weeks ago. Jaedyn moved out with her girlfriend and they got their own apartment. I don't think her dad was ready for her to move out, but me... I believe in allowing my children the room to grow and be themselves. That's the whole point of raising them to be productive, self-sufficient individuals. Would I have wanted to her to wait until she was more established? Yes, but I    do not stand in the way of my children experiencing life; especially not my grown children! Besides, Jaedyn was tired of me nagging her to get serious about school and finishing. In her own words: "Now I    don't have to hear you bugging me about finishing school!"

Jaedyn is one of my three girls and we all have very unique bonds with one another.

This photo was taken at Justine's funeral. Jaedyn is named after Justine (Jaedyn Justine)

Jaedyn and her parents

Jaedyn and her favorite lady, ME!

Writing this blog was a bit challenging for me because my kids say I always tell too much of their business in my blogs! However, each of my children are special to me and I have unique bonds with each of them. Jaedyn is my one child that I will do damage behind; I'll fight you about all of them but Jaedyn is my child who needs me more. As much as she needs me, I need her. I'm not going to try to put into words what I mean because me and the lord know what I  mean, and if you're a parent reading this and you have more than three children, you know what I mean. It is what it is.

Jaedyn is going to always be here for me no matter what. ALL of my children will be here for me no matter what. It's just the type of mom I  am, and it's the bond we've developed over their lives. I am forever grateful that Jehovah trusted with me with Jaedyn's life; I'm grateful he chose ME to be her mom; she needs me and I need her.

Jaedyn is a lover of tennis shoes, good movies, good food (she's literally a foodie), nice clothes, hats, and Evelyn! It has been one hell of a ride raising her and I am looking forward to this next chapter in her life as she embraces all there is to being an adult on her own, paying her own bills, living her best life.

Happy 21st Birthday Jaedyn Justine

Love,

MOMMY






















Comments

  1. Beautiful ☺️ congratulations to them ! They will be fine. I will have to put a care package together for them.🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they will be fine. They've decorated it so cute already.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment...

Popular Posts