LOVE IS FAMILY. MY ENTIRE FAMILY

ALEXA, PLAY Valentine's Day MUSIC...

Music always sets the mood. Alexa came through with a nice collection of R&B music; the playlist played for hours...

How do you and your family spend Valentine's Day?

This is one my favorite times of the year. I absolutely LOVE my family all year long but on this one day, I    get to show them a little extra love and attention; as if they're short on my attention. 😍 Regardless to the background of this day, or its origin, I simply adore the idea of showing extra love and attention to those I truly love. I see lots of pics and posts about couples showing one another love but I don't see their children. For me, this day is about my hubby and our children. I've always made this day special for my entire family; I don't just love him, I love our beautiful children as well. 

Over the years, I have found creative ways to make this day so special for my children. I remember when Preon and Prettie went off to college, I struggled with how I would make this day special for them from a distance. I figured it out, and you can READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE 

Needless to say, I came up with various different ways to show my love on this special day over the years. I really go to the extreme when it falls on a weekend. Something that was added to this special day some years ago is Ed giving our girls chocolate covered strawberries. This year was no different, the berries were on deck; the last couple years we have ordered the berries from Mary Jane you can find her IG Page HERE

This year, I decided to make an entire day of Valentine's Day. I decided to make breakfast and dinner extra special for my family. While this is not special for me to cook breakfast and dinner around here, its just so much more special when all the added touches are included. I'll stop typing and let you enjoy the photos, as pictures are worth thousands of words...

                                             Light fare for breakfast because dinner will be heavy!
                           Mickey Mouse waffles, turkey "lil smokies", fresh strawberries and raspberries
                         Prettie prepared these snack plates between breakfast & dinner for those who wanted them
                                    Cheese, grapes, almonds, peanut butter filled pretzels, meat, and fresh berries
                    Dinner! Stuffed Salmon, Corn, Lobster Tails, Shrimp, Asparagus, and a Fresh Salad.
                    This is only some of the food displayed as the tails, shrimp, and salmon were huge!
                                                            Everything at Costco is huge! LOL
Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Covered with nuts and caramel

On another note, are any of you still shopping? I find myself shopping during this pandemic because I    know things are going to open again. When things open again, I want to pick back up right where I    started...looking good! When I went out to shop for Valentine's Day on Friday morning, I carried my "LOVE" backpack that hubby gave me for Christmas. It's an Elsa Peretti HEART backpack by Tiff & Co 
HEARTS never go out of season. LOVE IS ALL YEAR. LOVE IS A LIFETIME!

The decorations around the house...
                                           Each place setting had a special gift from me to them.
                                            Here's a top view of the dining table with place settings
                                                   Pink & Purple Tulips gave it the added touch
The living room coffee table. Haley helped me decorate this year.
DW Candles are the best!
Hubby had 50 roses delivered to me on Friday

Evelyn gave me one dozen Pink Roses Friday afternoon. They look great together!
Again, DW Candles are amazing! The vase was made by me with Dollar Tree materials.

How was your day spent? Did you spend it with family?


        



                                       




Comments

Popular Posts