The Skin I'm In...

As an educator, I have taught many "little people" about self-esteem over the years. Self-esteem is a key part of acceptance of self and others.
Lately, I have been so very busy with work that I haven't had an opportunity to blog about anything. It's a good kind of busy, it's work busy! LOL. I have noticed that I don't have time to do things I once  did when I didn't have a job but I am finding ways to squeeze things in.
My "thing" right now is trying to eat more healthy. I have decided to try Herbalife because there is so much hoopla about it. However, I don't think I'm getting the true Herbalife experience because I don't feel this overwhelming urge to be fit or healthy like I thought I would. It may be because my schedule is so busy and my priorities often take precedence over things like working out.
Don't get me wrong, I think exercise is important, but I also am a firm believer that being a Mommy and being there for my kids when they need me is more important. So after a long day at work, I just want to see my babies and see how their day went and help them with homework. I miss a great deal of time with them due to work, so any opportunity to be near them, whether it's at Cheer practice or Basketball practice, I'm taking advantage of that time.
I only get one chance to be a Mom, but I get many chances to try a different "thing" when I want! Besides, I'm comfortable in The Skin I'm In. There's always room for improvement in every aspect of my life, but self-esteem is something I do not lack. I love me just the way I am, curves and all! I would love to lose a couple curves in this belly, but I love being a Mommy more!
It's a struggle to find balance in my daily life, but when the time is right, it will come to me and I will have the perfect answer. But for now, there is no amount of weight that compares to my joy of being there for my children when it counts.
Do you love the skin you're in?

Until we chat again...

Comments

  1. I am so with you on taking every opportunity to be a nurturing and supportive mom. I am definitely happy in the skin I am in and striving to be a better mom, daughter, sister and friend everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment...

Popular Posts