The LAST HOO-RAH!

It has been a while since I've written a post; I've been really busy. Busy in a good way...working! being a mom, wife, and simply trying to be the best person I can be. However, it's no secret that I spend a great deal of my free time with my little ones who aren't so little anymore. Balancing it all can be tricky, but my plan that has worked for many years is very simple: Just Do It! Not like a Nike commercial, but like a true mom.



I'm not one to put my business completely out there; especially if it involves another person or organization. Needless to say, when Haley turned up with a completely different cheer uniform on, many were shocked and surprised because she'd cheered for the same cheer organization sine she was about 5 years old. I made the decision to leave this team for "adult" reasons that sometimes children don't understand (professionalism, positive adult-child interactions, fairness, etc)

In venturing out to try another team, I have come to the conclusion that ANYONE can run an organization. There is no requirement for professionalism. I know this is a very broad statement, but I can only base my feelings off the two organizations we've belonged to. The manner in which you speak to a parent and address a parents' concerns should be of the utmost importance. I mean, you are, after all, doing "business" with parents and their children. Issues of safety, equal opportunities, teamwork, fairness across all teams, etc should be addressed professionally. So...here we are again with no cheer team. The difference this time is this: I will stick to the original plan Haley and I came up with earlier this year which is to focus on tumbling (gymnastics) and perfecting that craft to assist her in reaching her lifelong goal. I mean, the last time I checked, cheer isn't a sport in the US Olympics.

Comments

Popular Posts