Tick, Tock... Tick, Tock!!!!!


Time waits for no one. If I had a penny for each time I heard that!There are moments when I feel like I'm watching the clock (not literally, of course) and it's passing time much faster than my body can carry me. There are few dull moments in my life and I like to believe that I am good at seizing moments and opportunities.

Feeling like everything had to be done right away and a certain way is what I suffered from in the past as a perfectionist. While I still hold high standards for myself, I have learned, with age, that some things are just not as important as I may "believe" they are and some things can "wait". Yet, the clock keeps ticking... Tick, tock...tick, tock.

With the new year only being 6 days in, I think about promises I have made to myself. Not resolutions, but promises; things I really "want" to do, but not necessarily "need" to do. I believe that's where some make a mistake with resolutions. We have to remember what is important in life and focus on those things; the things that truly bring us joy. The little, BIG things like family, fun, food, life, growth, and well-being. While these encompass a great deal, they are the simple, yet finer things in life.

I'm sitting at a desk in my Hotel Suite reminding myself of the promise to take each day as it comes without the added stress of perfectionism. My workflow will progress as it is supposed to and if it is meant for me to hold a position higher than that of my current situation, I'm going embrace it if it happens, and not be sad if it doesn't.

I promised myself to take more time to put my thoughts in writing. I have so many ideas and thoughts flowing that I should take advantage of sharing them. There are several other promises that I made but those are from me to me.

They are promises I have made, and promises I have every intent to keep. As always, I see myself as a work in progress. Some will love you (me), some will misunderstand you (me). What remains true is that you are you, I am me, and there is no one truer than you and ME! (I love Dr. Seuss)

The bad news is that time flies. The good news is, you're the pilot!

The clock is ticking. What will you do with your time?




Comments

Popular Posts