Are you Over Sleepovers?

A while back I mentioned sleepovers in a post where I briefly mentioned my opinion on sleepovers. Recently, I found myself having this discussion with another mom. This seems to be a big deal lately. Not because they're fun, but because a lot of moms seem to be fearful of the dangers of sleepovers. Not younger children but children who are teens or "tweens" as they are known between the ages of 11-12. This particular mom I was speaking with shared her fears about strangers being in the house, lack of supervision, peer pressure, bad association, drinking, sex, drugs, etc. As we sat and talked, it made me feel more confident about my decision to limit sleepovers with my own children. As I mentioned in a previous post, sleepovers are usually with VERY close friends or family.
What about you as mothers? How do you feel about sleepovers?

Comments

  1. I agree with you all the way. My children are still really young. My older daughter is two in August but I won't even let her spend the night with her grandmothers yet. I think I'll wait until she's potty-trained and can sleep in a regular bed before I let her spend a night away and then it'll definitely only be with people I really know well and trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mom to a 5yr old, i am very paranoid when it comes to my daughter going anywhere, especially with everything thats going on with men and women doing bad stuff to kids but I wouldn't mind having a sleepover at my house LOL (i know ppl probably feel the same way haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very personal experiences that make me totally against them. I do think they should be with people who the family is very close with. Even then, you never know...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment...

Popular Posts