If You Can Read This...Thank a Teacher

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, I thought I would take time out to thank myself and all the other hard working educators out there. The job of a Teacher is no easy task. To some, on the outside looking in, WE make it look easy. That's what great educators do...make it look like a walk in the park. When you really begin to consider the responsibilities of a great educator, it can be very overwhelming. Many teachers go home to their own families and do many of the things they do all day long.
I have a friend by the name of Stacey Joy who is an Elementary school teacher. She's a great teacher! She inspires her students to think way beyond the box and she makes learning fun. That's no easy task to stand in front of 20n plus students and keep their attention, be animated, and teach... all in the same breath so to speak.
As for me, I'm an excellent Preschool Teacher. Yes, I'm tooting my own horn! College Begins in Preschool! My job as an Early Childhood Educator is so very important. Why? I am laying the "foundation" for the remainder of their educational career. It is in my classroom that students are exposed to a number of strategies and concepts for the first time. I introduce them to Science, Art, Literacy, Math, Music and Movement, Dramatic Play, and they are introduced to Social and Life Skills. They are taught the skills required to function in a "classroom". My responsibility is to take Weekly Themes and turn them into an interactive and fun lesson that students will remember for years to come (hopefully).
The biggest reward is when I see students on the playground with bug catchers and goggles on looking for bees because we're studying "Bugs", when I see one student reading to a group of students during Free Choice Time (while mimicking me), or...when I see a student who could not hold a pencil properly, manipulate scissors, or identify alphabet begin to write their name, knows the letters in their name, and can cut complex shapes. Watching students separate the healthy food from the junk food in the Dramatic Play Area because we have discussed Food and Nutrition...
Many of my students are fed Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack at the Center. We are responsible for teaching them table manners, the use of utensils, self help skills in pouring their own juice and milk, hygiene habits which will last them a lifetime are also taught. I could go on and on, but I won't.
Next time you see a teacher, thank them and let them know they are appreciated. The are responsible for touching the lives of our future leaders. Although there are some days I just want to throw my hands up and walk away, I don't. If I do, who will teach the children? Sure, another teacher can replace me if necessary, but there's only one Mrs. Nickie!

Follow @NickiesNiche
LIKE my Page

Comments

  1. OMG..Nickie!I really don't know what to say other than thank you for acknowledging what I do. I love you and your little ones are so blessed to have you in their lives to begin the journey the RIGHT WAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, you have always inspired me. I admire you so much and you motivate me to stay fresh and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment...

Popular Posts