Its a New Season...MY Season

I have not posted in a long while. I have had so many things going on and feeling so many different emotions. 2011 proved to be yet another challenging year and it left me with feelings of un-accomplishments yet again. The biggest disappointment for me was sending my daughter to Lane College  (Its more like a High School) in Memphis, TN. She had thee most horrible experience there attempting to follow in the footsteps of my mother-in-law. Epic Fail! We will be leaving next week to take my daughter to ASU where our Son attends. I am hoping that she will have a REAL College experience at ASU; I can almost bet my life she will. Dealing with empty nest syndrome has proved to be a challenge for me in more ways than one, but I shall get through it again. Watching my daughter lose her zeal and spunk was heartbreaking for me, but we got through it and she is more than ready for what life will bring her from this point on.
As I move forward into 2012, I am blessed that I have my health, my family, my friends, and a will to make necessary changes. I have set my goals for the year and I hope to accomplish them. I'm bringing in the New Year with all four of our children and my husband as well as some family. I enjoy bringing in the year that way, it gives me a sense of what my year will be like: surrounded by those I love and those who love me. As I look to this coming year with my application already submitted for a Principal's Position, I am confident that this is MY season. 2012 has to be a good year for our family. Before I sat and wrote this blog, I spoke with my hubby and he shared some encouraging words as he gently placed a kiss upon my lips he said, "2012 will be a much better year for us Baby." I believe him, he usually doesn't let me down.
2011 brought me and my sister Shawn back together, it helped me and my sister Nye become even closer, it gave me a new nephew, AJ, it helped me to see things more clearly with my siblings, it helped me understand why the love my husband and I share continues to grow, it helped me be a better mom to my children, it helped my personal relationships grow with my friends and extended families. Thank you FB for bringing my friend Tish back into my life, I missed her! Thanks Nakynoo for being such a great friend, I love you. There are so many of you I can thank for your friendship and encouraging words, but I won't try because someone will be left out and feelings will be hurt. So...if you're my friend, family, extended family...I love you all and I appreciate what you bring to my life, both positive and negative because it helps me grow on so many levels.
May 2012 bring us all prosperity, love, joy,peace, patience, tolerance, and respect for one another!

I know your time is precious, and I thank you for sharing it with me. Until we chat again....


Comments

Popular Posts