I Can Handle It, Really...

At the end of the day, you look back on what seemed to be difficult in the beginning and realize, "I handled that pretty good!" That's what happened to me today. Today is Thanksgiving Day and a very important person was missing...My SON! He's away at college and he's working as well as going to school. Initially, when he told me he wanted to work, I was concerned if it would be too much for him handle with school; the thought of him making his own money was also refreshing because college is not cheap! Nevertheless, he's always worked during the summer months so he's not afraid of responsibility or dedication. I was really looking forward to seeing him because I haven't seen him in about four months; I can Skype with him but its not the same as hugging him :-). When I learned that he would not be coming home for Thanksgiving I was pretty disappointed about it. I did my best not to stress him out more ( I know he was looking forward to coming as well) by calling him and telling him how much I would miss him. I did great until...WEDNESDAY! I called and told him how much I would miss him but how proud I was of him for being so responsible and dedicated. When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel like doing anything but I knew I needed to finish cooking so I did. In between my cooking, my eldest daughter surprised me and got him on Skype for me. We laughed and talked and had a great time.
After talking to my Son I really had more to be thankful for. I arose this morning thinking how blessed I am to have a roof over my head and food to cook, a husband lying next to me who is dedicated to both me and our children, great kids who make me proud on a daily basis, extended family and friends. Things could be much worse, I could be homeless or lonely. Realizing that the young man on the other end of that computer Skyping with me is a product of me and hubby's parenting made so eternally grateful and thankful. So, at the end of the day, I handled it, really, I did! Now, if I don't see my son for Christmas, we may have a misunderstanding. I'm just saying. (Smile)
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you shared it with those closest to you and those far as well.
I know your time is precious and valuable, and I thank you for sharing it with me. Until we chat again...

Like my FaceBook Page

Comments

Popular Posts