A Simple "Thank You" Will Do...

The job of a Teacher is one that is often a Thankless job. It doesn't take much to let a teacher know how much you appreciate them and their efforts to assist you in educating your child(ren). I know, there are some teachers who may need to retire and you could care less about showing them your appreciation. Nevertheless, being a teacher is a difficult job; just knowing that you are appreciated means a lot. I am somewhat biased when it comes to this because I am a teacher. It is because I am a teacher that I have so much respect and admiration for my daughters' teachers.
Last Friday, I had Parent Conferences at both the girls' schools. I took all their teachers (four of them) a little "thank you" gift from us to them. It doesn't cost a lot of money to show your appreciation; I'm all about bargain shopping. My first stop: Target (The One Spot), where I found the cutest little candy corn felt bags for $1.00 (I purchased 4), and Mrs. Fields boxed chocolates also for $1.00 (I purchased 4). Second stop: .99 Cent Only Store where I found packs of candy with eight candy bars in each pack for .99 cents. I purchased one pack each of Snickers, Twix, and M&M's. I spent a total of about $12.00 for four teachers. They all were so shocked but grateful. It wasn't a lot but it let them know we were thinking of them and we appreciate them. It's the "little" things that mean so much.
Next time you have a meeting, conference or you just stop by to check on your child(ren), a Simple "Thank You" to the teacher will do!

Comments

Popular Posts